The Ultimate Art Jam Battle
Time: 3 hours
The Prelude to the Battle (20 Minutes)
Groups will play a warm-up quiz game on Kahoot to win points. This quiz will generate excitement among teams to answer questions quickly, as there will be a timer set to 10 seconds for each question. Kahoot will rank teams based on speed and accuracy of their answers.
Teams will choose from a given set of themes to paint (e.g. Animals, Nature, Food, Inspiring Quotes, Funny Quotes, Cartoons, Movies, Sports, Music, Abstract, Singapore). The top ranking team will get to choose the theme they want to paint first followed by the next ranking teams. 1 theme cannot be chosen more than once.
During the art jamming, sabotages will be issued to all teams at random time intervals. The top teams from the Kahoot quiz will have some advantages (highlighted on the next page) during the ultimate art jam battle.
Teams will blindly pick one sabotage card from the deck at random time intervals and must use the card immediately on the spot to sabotage other teams. The facilitator will ensure that the sabotage is carried out.
However, Top teams from the Kahoot quiz will get to :
- Decide when to pick and perform their sabotage cards.
- See and choose their sabotage cards. (other teams will have to blindly pick)
- Select 1 other team to perform the sabotage together with them when sabotaged.
Sabotage cards in the deck will include:
- The team has to finish a puzzle (E.g. crossword) before they can continue painting.
- The team has to paint without using paint brushes for 10 minutes.
- The team has to paint with their opposite hand for 10 minutes.
- Half of the team's members will be blindfolded. Only the blindfolded can paint for 10 minutes.
- The team has to pass their painting clockwise and paint for 10 minutes.
- The team has to draw an assigned character (on a paper) before they can continue painting.
Here are how the sabotage cards will look like!
Art Jamming Time (130 Minutes)
Teams start to trace their designs and paint on ANY 1 of the following items:t-shirts, tote bags or canvases. At the end of 130 minutes, all teams need to stop painting
Free Flow of Designer Stencils
Everyone can enjoy free flow of designer stencils from our new "Peel n Paint" Booth which is great for beginners in Art!
The Ultimate Art Jam Battle Conclusion (30 Minutes)
- Teams' art pieces will be heat pressed and blow dried, for longer durability of paint on tees/totes
- Teams will present their final art pieces (1 minute per team) and learnings from the activity. Team's photos will be taken with paintings.
- Photos will be uploaded on to Facebook, so that teams can vote for their favourite paintings by liking on each other's team photos. The team with the most votes will be chosen as the winning team.
- Alternatively, the winning team can be chosen by judges based on creativity of designs, attractiveness of designs and team work.
- Each individual member of the winning team will win attractive prizes, such as mugs and macdonald's/capitalland vouchers.
Differences Between The Art Jam Battle & The Ultimate Art Jam Battle